Come to the Pumpkin Festival at Red Barn Farm Market. There is fun for Everyone!!
On the weekends from 10-5, there are several fall activities:
- Hayrides through the woods
- Corn Maze - find the 3 different punches and win a prize
- A Spooky House - designed for children 3-8 years old
- Corn Walk in the cornfield - find the 7 letters that the characters are wearing, unscramble them and win a prize.
- Face Painting
- Pumpkin Painting - time to be creative!!
- Balloon Typhoon - run with the swirling balloons
- The Haystack to climb
- Petting Zoo - feed and pet the goats & sheep!
- Eat lunch or snacks at Mom's Kitchen. She has hot dogs, chili, nachos, cupcakes, cookies, and of course pumpkin pie.
- Musical Entertainment is scheduled for the weekends
- Sept 25 - The Beaumonts
- Oct 2 - Just Duet
- Oct 9 - Mark Hobbs
- Oct 15 - Chicago Farmer
- Oct 16 - Kent Rose
- Oct 23 - Jud Brown
All musicians are super talented so come out and relax while you listen. They all play from
As always, the Red Barn Farm Market is open everyday from 8 am to 6 pm. We still have a full line of fresh vegetables like sweet corn, beans, and tomatoes and some local fruits like Michigan peaches and apples. For fall, we have squash, potatoes, cider, and taffy apples. For decorating we have corn stalks, broom corn, Indian corn, mini straw bales, hay bales, and gourds. The pumpkins should be ready sometime this week. We are putting up all our fun scarecrows this week. There are plenty of mums of various colors to choose from!
One final note on our school tours: these include a wagon ride to the pumpkin patch to pick one to take home, an educational talk, and play time. It all takes about one hour. the tours are available weekdays from 8:30-4 (except Columbus Day). The cost is $5 per child (minimum of 6 children per tour) and reservations are required. These make a great birthday party!